1st Special Session on Engineering for Sustainable Software Systems
Software is increasingly the driver for change in business and social spheres of life: it changes life styles and business practices. Supporting sustainability has recently become a much discussed topic.
The Special Session is concerned with research on techniques, tools, and processes for sustainability through business modelling, requirements engineering, analysis and design, implementation, test and deployment.
It aims at researchers and practitioners working with software and systems engineering topics and with interest in sustainability. It focuses on research and industrial contributions and perform an interactive session which will allow contributors and prospective participants to discuss sustainability issues and foster community growth.
The objective of the Special Session is to establish a community of researchers and practitioners interested in collaborating on the topic of engineering for sustainability. This will be supported through the following actions:
- Provision of a platform for researchers and practitioners to present their current work and trigger discussion;
- Kickstart new collaborations between the participants;
- Support for group work and discussion on newly favoured topics;
- Dissemination of the sessions ideas and results.
Submissions are encouraged to
- Motivation for sustainable software systems
- Creating awareness about sustainable software systems
- Requirements engineering, design, testing for sustainable software systems
- Software evolution in the context of sustainable software systems
- Software process improvement in the context of sustainable software systems
- Case studies and industrial experiences regarding sustainable software systems
- (Long-term) monitoring of (sustainable) software systems
- Key Performance Indicators for sustainable software systems
- Trade-off analysis, decision making within engineering sustainable software systems
- Tools support for engineering sustainable software systems
- The workshop solicits a number of full papers (between 8 and 12 pages) and short papers (between 4 and 6 pages)
- The submission and review process will be performed via the Easychair system
- Formatting: IEEE formats: https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html
- The workshop solicits a number of full papers (between 8 and 12 pages) and short papers (between 4 and 6 pages). The submission and review process will be performed via the Easy Chair system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=seaa2017.
- Abstract Submission: 8 March 2017
- Paper Submission Deadline: 15 March 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: 15 May 2017
- Camera-Ready Paper Deadline: 15 June 2017
- The Special Session is part of the 43rd Euromicro Conference on SEAA and will take place in Vienna, Austria, from August 30 to September 1.
- Christoph Becker, University of Toronto
- Stefanie Betz, Karlsruhe Institut of Technology
- Ruzanna Chitchyan, University of Leicester
- Andreas Fritsch, Karlsruhe Institut of Technology
- Martina Huber, University of Zürich
- Timo Johann, University of Hamburg
- Eva Kern, University of Applied Science Trier
- Sedef Akinli Kocak, Ryerson University
- Birgit Penzenstadler, University of California Long Beach
- Kai Petersen, Blekinge Institute of Technology
- Norbert Seyff, University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland, University of Zurich
- Colin C. Venters, University of Huddersfield
- Stefanie Betz, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Norbert Seyff, University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland, University of Zurich, email@example.com
- Colin C. Venter, University of Huddersfield, UK, C.Venters@hud.ac.uk